Advanced Unit Testing
Advanced unit testing is a 2-day immersive training and learning experience that covers the principles, patterns, and practices of writing clean, fast, repeatable, and maintainable tests. Over 70% of this class involves hands-on coding through sample exercises in Java and C#. The focus of this class is on writing, structuring, and organizing unit tests as programmers work through existing code samples with zero tests.
In the Certified Scrum Developer – Agile Engineering Practices (CSD) class participants got an introduction to writing unit tests. In this course, programmers learn patterns and conventions for well-written tests, pitfalls to avoid, patterns to make testing easier and faster, best practices on test structure and grouping, and advanced mocking concepts to help manage dependencies.
Who Should Attend
The class is appropriate for programmers that already have a Certified Scrum Developer certification (CSD or ACSD) and have at least 1 year of programming experience and an understanding of Object Oriented Design. Over 70% of this class involves hands-on coding exercises and attendees are required to bring laptops equipped with their favorite ide such as visual studio, visual studio code, or eclipse.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of coding exercises, videos, and classroom discussion interwoven throughout.
The class is 2 days and is offered live virtually or on-site in person.
- The Humble Object Pattern and The Gateway Pattern
- Damp vs dry
- 4 phase test
- Test Builders – Object Mother, Test data builder, Fluent builders, Fixture Object
- Assertions vs verification
- Brittle tests
- Triangulation tests
- Parameterized tests
- Characterization tests
- Auto mocking container
- Advanced mocking
Upon completion of this class, students will
- Earn 14 Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Earn 14 Scrum Alliance Scrum Educational Units (SEUs)
Registration includes the following:
- Live training
- Course workbook
- 14 PDUs and 14 SEUs
- Post class 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Full money back guarantee
- Flexible cancelation policy
Money Back Guarantee
Your satisfaction is guaranteed! We are confident that you will be fully satisfied with this class. If the class is not meeting your expectations, just let us know by mid day of day 1 and we will give you a full refund.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation requests received at least 2 calendar days before the start of a class receive a full 100% refund. All other cancellation requests receive a full credit for a future class.
- Should the organizer cancel the class for any reason, a full 100% refund will be issued.
Did we miss anything? Not sure if this class is for you? Want us to send you an invoice? Feel free to reach out with any additional questions you might have. We are happy to help out!
This class is only offered as a private class for your team of 6+ participants at a date and time that works for your team. Private classes are available virtually or in-person. Special discounts apply for larger groups.