Agile Estimation and Planning
How do we go about planning when working with Agile teams? How can we plan if we don’t yet have detailed designs or don’t yet know the team’s capacity? How can we create a plan that is flexible enough to welcome changing requirements?
Agile Estimation and Planning is a 1-day workshop that covers the essentials required to put together a plan for a successful product launch when working with Agile teams. We look into the differences between traditional planning and agile ways of planning, the different levels of planning, how to order, refine, and estimate the product backlog items, how to track progress toward the product and sprint goals, and how to make any necessary adjustments to reduce risk and uncertainty and ensure success.
This is a hands-on training workshop where you learn by doing, using a case study as well as your own products or services. You will leave this workshop with practical ways to order and estimate the work, create release and sprint plans, forecast, track, and monitor progress.
Who Should Attend
The class is appropriate for attendees that are brand new to Scrum or for more experienced practitioners involved in defining, gathering, planning, forecasting, and monitoring work including:
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Business Leaders
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of exercises, games, simulations, videos, and classroom discussions interwoven throughout.
The class is 1 day and is offered live virtually or on-site in person.
- Levels of planning
- Product goals and Sprint goals
- Product backlog and Product Backlog Refinement
- Prioritization techniques
- Sizing options: Hours, Ideal Days, Story Points, T-Shirt Sizes
- Estimation techniques: Planning Poker, Affinity-Based Estimation
- Release Planning and Sprint Planning
- Monitoring and Tracking: Velocity, Burn Down Charts, Burn Up Charts
- Dealing with uncertainty and risk
Upon completion of this class, students will
- Earn 7 Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Earn 7 Scrum Alliance Scrum Educational Units (SEUs)
Registration includes the following:
- Live training
- Course workbook
- 7 PDUs and 7 SEUs
- Post class 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Full money back guarantee
- Flexible cancelation policy
Money Back Guarantee
Your satisfaction is guaranteed! We are confident that you will be fully satisfied with this class. If the class is not meeting your expectations, just let us know by mid day of day 1 and we will give you a full refund.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation requests received at least 2 calendar days before the start of a class receive a full 100% refund. All other cancellation requests receive a full credit for a future class.
- Should the organizer cancel the class for any reason, a full 100% refund will be issued.
Did we miss anything? Not sure if this class is for you? Want us to send you an invoice? Feel free to reach out with any additional questions you might have. We are happy to help out!
This class is only offered as a private class for your team of 6+ participants at a date and time that works for your team. Private classes are available virtually or in-person. Special discounts apply for larger groups.