Building Profitable Business Models
Business models are essential to launching new innovative products or improving existing businesses. This 1-day immersive virtual training and online learning experience covers the essentials of building business models using the business model canvas developed by Strategyzer and based on the bestselling book Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder. In our Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CSPO) classes you probably got an introduction to the business model canvas and the value proposition canvas. In this workshop, we will do a deep dive on the business model canvas to help you flesh out yours ideas by mapping your customer segments and value propositions you offer, the channels you will use to reach your customers, the relationships you will maintain with them, the key resources, activities and partners you will need to deliver on your plan along with the cost and revenue generation models. We will also use the value proposition canvas to ensure we are creating compelling products or services that match our customer’s needs and desires.
This is a hands-on training workshop where we learn by doing using your own products or services as well as using case studies from leading organizations like Apple, Amazon, Tesla, Google, Nestle, 3M, Intel, Airbnb and others. You will leave this workshop with a solid understanding of how all the components of the business model canvas and value proposition canvas relate to each other and the skills needed to start building your own business model canvas that is the foundation for your product’s success.
Who Should Attend
The Building Profitable Business Models class provides a deeper understanding of how all the components of the business model canvas and value proposition canvas fit together to build strong business models that are the foundation for your product and company’s success. The class is suitable for anyone involved in defining, designing, managing, validating, and launching products or services. This includes:
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Business Leaders
There are no prerequisites for this class though we do recommend the Certified Scrum Product Owner class for those new to Agile and Agile Product Ownership.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of exercises, games, simulations, videos, and classroom discussion interwoven throughout as we work through the components of the business model canvas and value proposition canvas.
- Building great value propositions
- Identifying key customer market segments
- Understanding our customers jobs, pains, and gains
- Picking the right customer channel for our product and industry
- Maintaining the right level of relationships with our customers
- Mapping out the key resources and activities needed to support our business model
- Analyzing the pros and cons of different partnership opportunities
- Applying different cost structures
- Assessing different revenue models
- Validating our business model
Upon completion of this workshop, participants can
- Earn 7 Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Earn 7 Scrum Alliance Scrum Educational Units (SEUs)
Registration includes the following:
- Live training
- Course workbook
- Post workshop 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Full money back guarantee
- Flexible cancelation policy
Money Back Guarantee
Your satisfaction is guaranteed! We are confident that you will be fully satisfied with this workshop. If the workshop is not meeting your expectations, just let us know by mid-day and we will give you a full refund.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation requests received at least 2 calendar days before the start of a workshop receive a full 100% refund. All other cancellation requests receive a full credit for a future workshop.
- Should the organizer cancel the workshop for any reason, a full 100% refund will be issued.
Did we miss anything? Not sure if this workshop is for you? Want us to send you an invoice? Feel free to reach out with any additional questions you might have. We are happy to help out!
This class is currently only being offered as a private virtual or onsite class for teams of 6+ participants at a date and time what works for your team. Private workshops are available virtually or in-person. Special discounts apply for larger groups.