Beyond Unit Testing
Unit tests are an important foundation of any testing strategy. However, unit tests on their own are not enough. A comprehensive test automation strategy must include other tests like integration and system tests along with functional and user acceptance tests. Beyond Unit Testing is a 2-day immersive training and learning experience that covers integration, system, UI, and acceptance testing automation.
In the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) – Agile Engineering Practices class, participants got an introduction to writing unit tests and then saw a demonstration on how to take the unit testing approach and expand it to integration and system tests.
In this course, programmers are given an existing application that only has unit tests, and then they build out the rest of the test suite by writing database integration tests, domain integration tests, UI integration tests as well as end-to-end acceptance tests in order to build a more comprehensive test suite. Over 70% of this class involves hands-on coding through sample exercises in Java. Programmers go beyond using junit and work with other tools like gherkin, cucumber, and selenium.
Who Should Attend
The class is appropriate for programmers that already have a Certified Scrum Developer certification (CSD or ACSD) and have at least 1 year of programming experience and an understanding of Object Oriented Design. Over 70% of this class involves hands-on coding exercises and attendees are required to bring laptops equipped with their favorite ide such as visual studio, visual studio code, or eclipse.
The class is presented in a highly interactive and collaborative format with elements of coding exercises, videos, and classroom discussion interwoven throughout.
The class is 2 days and is offered live virtually or on-site in person.
- The Testing Pyramid
- Determining test boundaries
- Testing the domain layer
- Testing the database layer
- Testing the web layer
- Writing acceptance tests using Gherkin
- Mapping step definitions at different application layers
- Using selenium for browser testing
- Using selenium for end-to-end testing
Upon completion of this class, students will
- Earn 14 Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Earn 14 Scrum Alliance Scrum Educational Units (SEUs)
Registration includes the following:
- Live training
- Course workbook
- 14 PDUs and 14 SEUs
- Post class 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- Full money back guarantee
- Flexible cancelation policy
Money Back Guarantee
Your satisfaction is guaranteed! We are confident that you will be fully satisfied with this class. If the class is not meeting your expectations, just let us know by mid day of day 1 and we will give you a full refund.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation requests received at least 2 calendar days before the start of a class receive a full 100% refund. All other cancellation requests receive a full credit for a future class.
- Should the organizer cancel the class for any reason, a full 100% refund will be issued.
Did we miss anything? Not sure if this class is for you? Want us to send you an invoice? Feel free to reach out with any additional questions you might have. We are happy to help out!
This class is only offered as a private class for your team of 6+ participants at a date and time that works for your team. Private classes are available virtually or in-person. Special discounts apply for larger groups.