Richard Cheng joined the DC Scrum User Group on January 22, 2021 to take us on a Deeper Dive into the ScrumMaster role.
The ScrumMaster is a critical role in Scrum (or Team Coach on Kanban/ Agile teams). However it is the most misunderstood role as well. They are not a project manager, nor a team lead, nor a Product Owner. Think of them more of a team coach or guide.
This session takes a deeper look into the ScrumMaster role. Specifically
• What does a ScrumMaster do day to day
• What to look for in a ScrumMaster
• How to improve as a ScrumMaster
• Do I need full time, dedicated ScrumMasters
• How can I tell if my ScrumMaster is doing a good job
• ScrumMaster progression for solving problems
While this session is a lecture, there are interactive polls and discussions interwoven throughout the session. Coming out of this session, attendees will have a deeper understanding of the ScrumMaster role.
Here is the video and slide deck of the presentation.