Congrats on registering for your Scrum foundations class: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), or Certified Scrum Developer (CSD). We look forward to having you in class!
Now it’s time to prep for the class and take the pre-class assessment.
There’s about 60-90 minutes of prep for the class. Please come to class prepared by completing the following steps:
- Read the Scrum Guide (15 pages) and in addition, if you are brand new to Scrum, watch the Scrum Foundations Course (45 minutes)
- Take the pre-class assessment below (15 minutes)
- Watch this video for an overview of Mural, the tool we will use for online collaboration (10 min)
- Practice using Mural here (5 min)
During class, you will need to have the following:
- Computer with mic and camera. Expectation are that these will be on throughout the course and are required for certification. Simply calling in from a phone or using a computer without a camera is not enough as you will not be able to participate in the exercises and you will not be eligible for certification. Please test out your connection and equipment before the class at https://zoom.us/test
- Chrome browser for online collaboration tool (mural). Other browsers work, but chrome works best with this tool. Tablets are also not ideal. Test out Mural with your browser before class (see step 4 above).
- A notebook and a pen for taking notes.
Here is the pre-class assessment: