This video series developed by Agile For All is a great introductory resource on Scrum foundations. It exposes newcomers to the principles of Scrum, including the ideas, language, and elements of the framework – a perfect first step in one’s Agile journey. The free online Scrum Foundations course is based on the existing Scrum Alliance® Scrum Foundations Learning Objectives that are aligned with the most recent Scrum Guide. It’s a 15 part video series covering Scrum Theory and Values, Scrum Roles, Scrum Events, and Scrum Artifacts.
Participants that are about to take a Certified Scrum Foundational class like the ScrumMaster® (CSM®) class or a Certified Product Owner® (CSPO®) class or Certified Scrum Developer® Class (CSD®) are highly encouraged to read through the blog series below and/or watch this 15 part video series.
By completing this blog series or course, you can earn 1 Scrum Education Unit (SEU) that validates your knowledge about the fundamental elements of Scrum.
The What is Scrum Blog Series are excerpts from the Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland. Offered for license under the Attribution Share-Alike license of Creative Commons, accessible at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode and also described in summary form at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
- An Introduction to Scrum
- What Are the 3 Pillars of Scrum?
- What are the 5 Scrum Values?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- What is a Scrum Product Owner?
- What is a Scrum Development Team?
- What is the Ideal Size of a Scrum Development Team?
- What is a Scrum Master?
- What are the Scrum Events?
- What is a Sprint?
- Who can cancel a Sprint?
- What is Sprint Planning?
- What is a Sprint Goal?
- What is a Daily Scrum?
- What is a Sprint Review?
- What is a Sprint Retrospective?
- What are the Scrum Artifacts?
- What is a Product Backlog?
- What is Product Backlog Refinement or Grooming?
- What is a Sprint Backlog?
- What is a Product Increment?
- What is a Definition of “Done”?
- Who is Monitoring Progress?
- The Importance of Artifact Transparency
- Scrum Foundations Course Video Series